Thursday 22 March 2012

Red and Black

This is my DT card for The Crafty Purple Frog Challenge and the theme this time is everyone's favourite - ANYTHING GOES, I used the gorgeous Red Hearts decoupage:


I absolutely love this image, well I love all of the amazingly tallented Ching-Chou Kuik images available from The Crafty Purple Frog, they are so beautiful.  I layered the decoupaged image onto a scalloped circle die cut that I inked whilst still in the die.

The shaped pearls that I have used on the butterflies were part of a set that I bought from The Works for £1, when I bought the pack I wondered what I would use them for but it was such a bargain I bought it anyway, I'm so glad I did now.  I finished the card and then decided it looked a bit top heavy so I added the row of pearls at the bottom and it looks a lot better.  Full details of everything I have used are listed below.

This is the inside of my card, you can see the decoupage a bit better in this photograph:


The ribbon was some white seam binding that I coloured with a black ProMarker.

CARD RECIPE

Image:  The Crafty Purple Frog -  Red Hearts decoupage
Papers:  Bearly Mine Designs CD
Card Stock:  Joanna Sheen - Onyx Stardream
Tools:  Spellbinders - Scalloped Circles, Die-namics Butterfly Die, Small Butterfly Punch, Marianne Creatables Heart Die
Embellishments:  seam binding and gems from stash

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:

Stamping with the Dragon Challenge 6 - Things with Wings
Incy Wincy Designs Challenge 137 - Things with Wings
Allsorts Challenge Week 146 - Three in a Row (three butterflies)
Paper Creations Ink Challenge 21 - Things with Wings
Papertake Weekly Challenge - Bingo (Ribbon, Free, Punched shapes)
Shopping our Stash Challenge 44 - Buttons and/or Bows (ribbon, gems and card stock from stash)
Creative Craft Challenge - Inspirational Piccie
Sugar Creek Hollow Challenge 3 - Layers

Make sure you pop over to The Crafty Purple Frog Challenge Blog and have a look at the inspiration, you have two weeks to enter the challenge.

Thank you for popping in this morning, please come back later for my second DT card of the day.

Pauline
x 

15 comments:

Victoria said...

A really striking image and perfect colour combination to match it.

Carol said...

Gorgeous card Pauline, this is one of my favourite images too. Carol x

Sue B said...

Wow! this is stunning Pauline!! what a wonderful image. The decoupage looks so fab! Gorgeous papers and embellies. Love everything about this card - it's gorgeous!!
Hope you have a lovely day!
Big Hugs!
Sue xx

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Wow Pauline this is so dramatic and what a wonderful card for a man! Love the colours xx

Judith said...

oooh this is so lovely just love everything about this card - its stunning tnanks for playing along at CCC this week hugs Judith x

Nikbee said...

A gorgeous card. I love the papers. Thank you for joining us at Creative Craft.
Nikki x

Mona`s Bittelille Scrappekrok said...

This is absolutely amazing! This is an image i haven`t been able to decide if i like or not but i think you definately tipped the schale to like, lol. Love what you have done with it. Gorgeous design! Hugs...Mona

marion82 said...

A stunning card with an amazing fairy image!!!Thanks for joining us at Creative Craft Challenges!!
hugs
xMx

you can visit http://whenthescraphitsthefun.blogspot.com/
for my free digis!!

Payne Holler Cards said...

wonderful card with awesome fairy!
Thanks for joining us at Sugar Creek Hollow
from Patti, SCH DT

Unknown said...

Very cool card! I love the colors, but I am a sucker for pink and black :) thanks for entering at Paper creations ink!

Lisa said...

Awww, this is beautiful Pauline! Thank you for joining our Bingo challenge at Papertake Weekly :)

Beverley said...

Gorgeous card. I love the image. Thanks for joining us at Creative Craft Challenge.
Bev x

Crystal said...

Absolutely beautiful! I love the colour scheme & the pretty image and bow! Thanks for playing along with us over at Shopping our Stash (SOS) this week :)

Deena said...

fabulous bow! and I love the dimension in this card...thanks for playing in the Buttons and Bows challenge at Shopping our Stash this week!

Karen Hasheck said...

What a neat card for our Things with Wings challenge! Thanks for sharing it with us at Paper Creations Ink. Hope to see you back again soon.