Wednesday 2 November 2011

Winter Hug

This is my second DT card for the Crafting for all Seasons Challenge, this week the theme  is 'Texture' and we have two fabulous sponsors - Meljen's Designs who are offering our winner four digis of their choice and The Paper Shelter who are offering a $20 gift certificate, fab prizes aren't they.

This is the card I made using the lovely coloured image 'Warm in Winter' by The Paper Shelter:


I cut the image using a Spellbinders circle die and matted it onto a Scalloped circle of plain grey card stock.  The papers are from a Willow Designs CD and I have stitched them onto the same card stock.  I used my Tim Holtz 'On the Fence' die to make the little picket fence and then ribbled it for extra texture.  The snowflake is another spellbinders die along with the Ironwork Motifs die that I think makes a perfect large snowflake.  Some gorgeous Creative Expressions ribbon and a stamped LOTV sentiment complete the card.  Full details of everything I have used are listed below.

I have decorated the inside of my card to complement the front:


Image:  The Paper Shelter - Warm in Winter
Papers:  Willow Designs - Walter and Winnie does Christmas CD
Tools:  Spellbinders - Ironwork Motifs, Scalloped Circles and Create-A-Flake Three,
 Tim Holtz Alterations - On the Fence
Embellishments:  Creative Expressions - ribbon, gems from stash
Sentiment:  LOTV

I would  like to enter this card into the following challenges:

Ooh La La Challenge 92 - Stitching (faux or real)
CD Sunday - Puss Cat
By The Cute and Girly November Challenge - Christmas Girls
Lothian Crafts Online Challenge 20 - Christmas
Digital Tuesday - Cute and Cuddly
The Paper Shelter Challenge 38 - Christmas Fun

Thank you for looking, don't forget to pop over to Crafting for all Seasons and take a look at the wonderful creations the other DT members have made and enter the challenge.

Please leave me a comment, I love reading them.

Pauline
x

 

18 comments:

Pamela said...

There's so much I like about this card - the image, the 2 'snowflakes', the picket fence (love the ribble effect) and the BP. Have i missed anything? LOL! Thanks for joining in this week with a cute wee puss cat.
Pamela (Guest Designer for CD Sunday - my last week, sob!)

Rosietoes said...

It's a dream card Pauline. Love it.

Edna x

starcyl said...

This is a very special Christmas card, love everything about it. thanks for joining us again at CD Sunday.
Jenny x
CD Sunday DT

Doreen said...

Such a lovely card.Thanks for sharing this with us at OLL.xxx

Lothian Crafts said...

Lovely image and the ribbing of the fence has given it such a textured look. Thanks for joining our challenge. Elaine

Christine said...

This is a gorgeous card and Pamela has said it all, I love it.
Thanks for joining us again at CD Sunday this week.
Hugs
Christine xx
CD Sunday DT

Claire said...

This is absolutely gorgeous Pauline, love the image and the papers work so well with it too. Hugs, Claire x

Bianca said...

Thats so lovely! I love the light colours so much! xx Bianca

Seafield Jo said...

This is another lovely card Pauline. I love the new spellbinders die, I think it's going to be apprearing on a lot of my Christmas cards!

Jo x

Catherine said...

I love the muted colours on this, and your stitching...

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

A beautiful card. I love the colour and such a cute image.

Sue x

Unknown said...

This is just so gorgeous hun! I really, really love your colouring! :)

Thanks for joining us at Ooh La La this week :) Good luck with the DT application! :)
Lizy DT xx

Tammy (LaDiva) said...

Stunning card!!!!!!! Thanks so much for playing with us at By The Cute & Girly’s Christmas Girls challenge and good luck!

Hugzzz
Tammy xx

A few days left for my wedding candy up for grabs at Creations LaDiva :)!

Jilly said...

Well, This is stunning, Each and every element of it is interesting and the colour scheme is so pretty, I found same Tilda in lots of blog land.
gifts for boys

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Beautiful card Pauline, I love the pastel colours, the bow and the image - great work!!xx

nnalorac said...

Gorgeous card Pauline, your papers, snowflakes fence and bow work so well with your image, just love it. Thanks for joining us over on BTC&G. Carolxx
PS Have Candy on my blog

Shari said...

Beautiful card, the details are perfect!! Thanks for playing with us at The Paper Shelter.

Bo said...

This is adorable card! I love the coloring... It is soooo cute! Bo, xx